The Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is recruiting for a Physician (Aerospace Medicine), GP-0602-15, to work at Flight Medicine Clinic (359 AMDS/SGPF) in the 359th Medical Group, 59th Medical Wing, Joint Base Randolph, TX.
AFCS is a worldwide organization employing over 180,000 individuals across a broad array of positions. We are the civilian support component of the United States Air Force, providing everything from human resources to engineering and childcare to contract management. We are not active-duty military, but we work side by side with Airmen and officers to support the defense of our nation. As a Federal employee, you will enjoy a generous leave package including holidays, vacation, and sick time.
***This is a Federal Government civilian position with no active or reserve duty commitments***
Relocation and Recruitment Incentives may be offered of up to 25% of base salary
Provides the full scope of primary and preventive health care services to military Aircrew patients, their families, and operational airmen in a small sized general outpatient clinic. The Flight Surgeon (FS) administers the aerospace medicine program; conducts medical examinations and provides medical care for flyers, missile crews, and others with special standards of medical qualification and their families. Evaluates living and working environments to detect and control health hazards and prevent disease and injury within the Air Force community.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or a Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) from an approved school of medicine or osteopathy and completion of a residency in aerospace medicine, family practice, emergency medicine, or internal medicine; acceptable to the Surgeon General is required.
- In-depth knowledge and maintenance of current certifications in emergency medical procedures, to include Basic Life Support (BLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (ALS).
- License: Must be currently licensed to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Eligible to apply for Board Certification in aerospace medicine, family practice, emergency medicine, or internal medicine
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
- This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment, and participation in random drug testing
- The position may be identified as having “regular contact with children”, requiring a State Criminal History Repository (SCHR) check to be completed on any person selected for the position
- The employee is required to obtain and maintain an appropriate security clearance or favorable background check as a condition of employment.
To receive additional information about current and future job openings or future hiring events our AFCS recruiters will be attending, click the apply button above or copy and paste the following link into your Internet browser:
Location/Region: Jbsa Lackland, TX (78236)