Cygnus Aerospace Inc. is seeking an Aircraft Electrical/Avionics Technician to join our traveling team. Team members will travel to military bases CONUS/OCONUS to perform aircraft modifications on military aircraft for 1-6 months per site as part of a Contract Field Team
- Must be able to modify electrical/avionics systems on military aircraft using depot level TCTOs, engineering drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams and technical manuals
- Disassemble, remove and strip wiring, components and equipment
- Install new wiring, components and equipment
- Install, clamp and terminate aircraft wiring, harnesses and cables
- Strip, lug, pin, splice and connect aircraft wiring
- Build up plugs, jacks, terminal boards, circuit breakers, relays and ground studs
- Use specialized crimpers and other aircraft certified crimpers and positioners
- Use multi-meters
- Inspect work for quality and accuracy
- Perform continuity checks, power-on checks and operational checks of aircraft systems
- Adhere to all applicable safety regulations
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years on-aircraft experience required
- Valid driver's license required
- Prior military aircraft maintenance experience a plus
- Computer knowledge/Microsoft applications required
- U.S. passport a plus
- U.S. Secret Security clearance required
Employer provides tools, uniforms, lodging, per diem and travel. Employee does not have to live in the area of the work location.
EXTENSIVE TRAVEL IS REQUIRED. U.S. SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED
Cygnus Aerospace Inc. (CAI) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owed Small Business (SDVOSB) company, which was established in June 2003 to offer the unique service of providing quick response solutions to our military and civilian customers. Our primary focus is contract field teams (CFTs) to modify and repair fixed wing and rotary wing DoD aircraft weapon systems. We are a multi-faceted company possessing the capability to provide modification installations and support services worldwide. We pride ourselves in providing the finest technicians and artisans that the industry has to offer. All our professionals provide critical services while maintaining continuous safety and quality training. Our commitment, capabilities and vision are the foundations that fortify the inexorable service to our ultimate customer – the warfighter.
Each Cygnus professional shares our vision, our passion and our commitment to excellence. We have quickly established and maintained an enviable position in the contract field team (CFT) arena as the premiere modification and installation team throughout the aerospace industry. We provide agile response teams in support of customer requirements in several CONUS and OCONUS locations. In addition, we supply post modification logistics, maintenance support and training for customer Operations and Maintenance personnel for the newly acquired systems until they become self-sustainable.
Location/Region: Corpus Christi, TX