Growing Utah manufacturing facility specializing in the Aerospace Industry is looking for an Estimator. The Estimator must have knowledge of precision and complex machining of aerospace components and assemblies. Processes include CNC machining centers, fabrication, sheet metal work and Quality Control. Responsible for cycle time estimating, and manufacturing process planning. This person must be able to work effectively with a team and possess good verbal and writing skills.
- Reading and interpretation of Mechanical Engineering drawings & specifications
- Broad understanding in methods of manufacturing including CNC Machine centers and Sheet Metal manufacturing
- Strong experience working with aerospace/defense specifications
- Familiarization with contractual verbiage
- Must be able to formulate an estimate from blueprint drawings
- Estimate fabrications in a bill of material and calculating man hours to fabricate & machine parts.
- Experience in machining of exotic & high temp alloys, Titanium, Inconel, and Aircraft Quality Steels, etc.
- Preferred experience in Quantum, NSN, and ILS programs
- Must be able to work with other estimators on multiple projects at the same time.
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed
- Analyze drawings, CAD data and technical specifications, proposals and other data documents to produce accurate estimates.
- Analyze models, drawings, parts lists, proposals and other data to develop timely and accurate lead times and cost estimates in response to RFQs, and customer quote requests.
- Identify and qualify all cost factors such as time, labor, materials, equipment, engineering, manufacturing, delivery, and other expenses to generate accurate estimates.
- Source and select suppliers for materials and outsource processes and develop estimates for special processes, testing and tooling needed.
- Consult with customers, vendors, and co-workers to discuss and formulate strategies and estimates and resolve issues.
- Outline order of operations for the purpose of planning, organizing, and scheduling work through the shop.
Do not apply unless your have a Bachelors Degree in related field, or minimum of 4 years experience.
Strong background in machining techniques, manufacturing processes and aerospace assembly; Strong background in MS Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, CAD software (CATIA, Unigraphics); Experience reading blueprints and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) data; Knowledge of materials, processing, cutting tools, assembly specifications and hardware installation
Shift: This is a full time position primarily day shift
Compenastion is $60,000-$80,000 Annual Salary plus Commission – Negotiable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Camnetics Manufacturing is a well-established small business. We have been manufacturing quality aircraft spare parts for over 27 years and we are ISO9001 certified and AS9100 certified. We have 20 full time employees. We are honored that we have received numerous awards for our Quality of Parts and On-Time Delivery.