experienced Junior Buyer position is an individual contributor role responsible for Proper coordination and purchasing within the job cost scope at Frazier Aviation, Inc. and is part of the Operations group. Individual will be responsible for working cross functionally between purchasing, manufacturing engineer, Frazier Aviation’s internal operation and proper cost effective suppliers that are selected and engaged.
- Buyer is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external demands of operation and customers in accordance with Frazier Aviation’ Inc. policies, procedures, terms, conditions, and quality policies.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies for the best possible cost effective purchases and value added strategies to reduce costs and at the same time provide customers with the best product.
- Implement activities for timely, cost-effective procurement, planning and on-time delivery for all products.
- Prioritize and maintain balance between cost of materials and the total cost of a program to maximize profits.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES.
- Working towards reducing cost, shortening development cycle, and improving product manufacturability and needs.
- Develops and maintain first class supplier base capable of providing Frazier Aviation, Inc. with the quality, delivery, cost, lead times, and continuity of supply that will enable Frazier Aviation, Inc. to win in an increasingly competitive environment..
- Assure that suppliers have the capacity to meet our current and future needs as well as ramp-up capacity to satisfy unplanned demands.
- Ability to coordinate and manage vendor performance to meet our aggressive goals.
- Negotiate annual buys & long-term agreements, if needed, for components and raw material.
- Working with Quality Control for monitoring supplier performance in the areas of on time delivery, quality, and pricing.
- Determines appropriate vendors based on approved vendor qualifications, price, quality and availability per documented procedures in coordination with the Quality Department.
- Submits requests for new vendor approval to Quality Department per procedures. Reviews purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy including signature authority per document procedures, and resolves any discrepancies prior to final written purchase order.
- Prepares, submits, distributes and maintains files per procedures for quotation requests and purchase orders.
- Follow-up on and maintain schedules and status on quotes, purchases and designated jobs.
- Supports and performs other materials duties including planning, scheduling, shipping and receiving procedures as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret engineering/fabrication drawings and specifications
- Ability to manage sub-contract suppliers with high mix/ low value fabricated parts/component contracts in both foreign and domestic markets
- Ability to manage long lead-time product deliveries in support of production
- Working knowledge of assembly & manufacturing processes thorough knowledge of purchasing.
- Strong organizational, analytical and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills, written & verbal
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Project (Quantum is a plus)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts
OTHER ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for and own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; recognize, initiate projects, asks for and offers help when needed.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and provides solutions in complex situations. Identify items requiring additional information or action.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Ability to multi task and provide accurate information in a fast-paced setting.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Minimum: 2 year degree or more, Engineering Management, or related field required
MINIMUM DIRECTLY RELATED JOB EXPERIENCE
Five (5) years purchasing experience in a aerospace or auto manufacturing environment.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) concepts.
- Knowledge of Just in time (JIT).
- Mathematics skills
- 401K matching
- Profit Sharing
- Personal days
- Reward days
- Company is Performance Base
- Longevity if you are a contributor to the team
- You are doing something that matters